20 Facts About Me (updated)

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Hello!

So, today I decided to update my 20 facts about me. Here we go!

1. I'm a wife, a mom of a son, and currently living in Bogor.

 Mi familia



2. I can speak, read and write in Chinese (Mandarin). If you know me in person, you know that I grew up speaking Mandarin with my family, especially with my Mom. My Dad understands Mandarin but he can't speak the language, which makes me wondering because grandpa was Chinese (he came from mainland China). Oh and by the way, Mandarin is actually my first language.

3. This might be a surprise to some of you, but yes I still can't drive (but I do ride motorcycle and have license). I once learned how to drive when my brother volunteered to teach me, but after few minutes he gave up because I seemed like a bad driver ahahahaha. Sorry, bro. Now, I really really should learn how to drive since we have Joshua. Kalo nggak kapan ngemol berduaan sama Josh?? I mean... someday he will go to school and I will be the one who drives him. So, hopefully in 2017. Wish me luck!   

4. If  I only can eat one kind of food for entire life, that would be... nasi uduk! Tadinya mau bilang Indomie, tapi, kan, nggak sehat banget. Nasi uduk contains more of nutrition, I guess? Carbo from the rice itself, protein from the ayam goreng, tempe and eggs. Okay now I am hungry.

5. I'm wearing glasses since eight, always trying to wear contact lenses but failed. I feel "naked" without my glasses and not confident with my monolids (and uneven) eyes. Hopefully in 2017 (part 2). Wish me luck!

6. This is not a coincidence but I don't like yellow colored veggies/fruits. Don't like pineapple, durian, jackfruit, and corn. But actually I love lemon, banana and mango. Wait, mango is yellow, right? 

7. In the age of 25, I can say that I really can't live without coffee, not literally of course. I don't really remember when the first time I tasted coffee, but I knew coffee from my Dad. I used to drinks lots of instant coffee. But since I worked at Starbucks, I reduce to consume instant coffee, and learn to drink fresh brewed coffee. Thanks again to my Dad, he introduced me to his favorite local coffee, Sidikalang, and it becomes my favorite too! Now I live apart from my parents, every time I brew my own Sidikalang, it always feels like home.

8. Speaking of Starbucks, yes I had worked at Starbucks for seven months. I shared my experiences here and here.

9. Beside coffee, I'm also a HUGE fan of milk (bubble) tea! My favorite milk tea are from Gong Cha and Dakasi. But since both outlets are available in Jakarta, ShareTea or Chatime are great too. Hong Kong style milk tea is definitely a BOMB. Too bad I can't find any HK style milk tea here even in Hong Kong or Chinese restaurant. Btw, don't let me choose between milk tea and coffee. Because I CAN'T )':

Posing with Gong Cha on my first Hong Kong trip 2011

Hong Kong milk tea that I had in a restaurant. Bomb!

10. I quit drinking soda since high school and that was the best decision ever.

11. I don't go to amusement park but Disneyland is an exception.

12. I always want to dye my hair! I planned to color it after gave birth, but since I breastfeed Josh I can't dye my hair. Hopefully in 2017 (part 3).

13. I love everything made from Oreo (cookies n cream). From ice cream (Baskin still my favorite!), milkshake, chocolate, cakes, anything!

14. My all-time favorite movies are The Devil Wears Prada, Freedom Writers, Julie and Julia and Bride Wars.

15. I know how to play piano, specifically classic (you know... Mozart, Beethoven and friends). I took first Royal exam in 2011 in Guang Zhou, both piano and music theory. I failed in piano exam (grade 6) and I was pretty bummed out, because I spent money a lot to take piano private lesson for preparing exams and I felt like a failure because I'd been taking piano course since 7 years old and the exam result gave me nothing. I remembered I called my Mom and can't stop crying. I said sorry to her and maybe I will try again next time. This probably not in 2017 hahaha. We'll see (:

16. I love listening to K-Pop. Girls' Generation (SNSD), EXO, Super Junior... basically S.M Town family are my favorite. I'm also love K-Indie songs.

17. Both me and Andreas have a special love for Japanese food. Anything from sushi, sashimi (I don't eat it anyway, but Andreas does), donburi, tempura, ramen, udon... okay I shud stop here. *drooling*

18. I'm quiet a bookworm. My first reading when I was a kid are Disney classic story book collections (thanks, Mom!). My favorite novel's genre of course young adult, Metropop, and chick lit. Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series are my favorite. But I don't mind reading other genre as long as it's great.

19. I always wanted to become an author and publish my own novel. But I never finished my first draft. #classic.

20. Someday I really would like to go back to Taiwan and Hong Kong. These two countries always have a special place in my heart.

So, those are my 20 facts, I hope you guys feel like you got to know me a little bit better. And I would also like to know you better! Tell me more about you in the comment box below and I would love to read it :D

Have a great weekend, happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrates, and stay awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment